Legacy or Planned gift
A legacy or planned gift is a form of charitable giving that allows you to make a future gift to The Arnold Center today and is part of a larger estate planning process. Legacy giving offers a number of ways for you to support The Arnold Center. What better way to remember an organization that had an impact on your life or the life of someone you love than to make a contribution from your estate. A legacy gift is an inspiring and joyful way to ensure that your values and dreams for the future of The Arnold Center become reality for you, your family and community. Every legacy gift, regardless of the amount, is important.
What are the Benefits?
- Contributes to the compassionate support and training of individuals at The Arnold Center.
- Improves the quality of life for people living with disabilities.
- Provides a stable and enduring source of support for The Arnold Center.
- Demonstrates your personal values and beliefs.
- May reduce estate taxes.
- Allows you to make a larger gift to The Arnold Center than you thought possible.
Gifts of Retirement Fund Assets
The balance remaining in your retirement account after your death is subject to taxation. By designating The Arnold Center as the beneficiary of your RRSP or RRIF, you can make a sizable charitable contribution while still providing for your loved ones.
- Your gift will be a lasting legacy to you, your family or anyone you may wish to honor.
- You retain full access to your retirement funds for use during your lifetime.
- Funds that otherwise would be lost to taxation are re-directed towards providing critical support services in your community.
- The beneficiary designation is revocable, meaning it can be changed if your financial and/or life circumstances change.
A bequest is a thoughtful way to make a significant gift to The Arnold Center without affecting your current finances.
- A gift served through a bequest allows you to make a tax-effective gift as it may reduce the tax payable on your final income tax return.
- Your bequest may be directed to support The Arnold Center’s greatest needs or you may designate your bequest toward a particular area of our work that is of interest to you.
Life Insurance Gifts
Gifts of life insurance can be made by naming The Arnold Center as a beneficiary of the policy or by assigning ownership of your policy to The Arnold Center. Life Insurance is also a wealth replacement tool to help you make charitable gifts through your estate while providing for your loved ones. A gift of life insurance is a simple, thoughtful and often overlooked way to make a gift.
- Gift proceeds directed to The Arnold Center are not subject to probate and estate fees as your life insurance exists outside the estate settlement process.
Gifts of Publicly Traded Securities and Mutual Funds
A legacy gift through your will using publicly traded securities or mutual funds will significantly reduce the tax paid on capital gains. It’s a valuable tax benefit.
- You can significantly reduce the capital gains tax paid when securities and mutual funds are donated directly to The Arnold Center.
- If you sell the securities first and then donate the proceeds, you will be subject to capital gains tax on the appreciated value of the shares.